All-On-4 Implants in Lubbock, TX
If you have to replace all of your teeth or already wear dentures, you may be an ideal candidate for All-on-4 or All-on-6 dental implants. Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Lubbock offers these full arch implant treatments to make restoring your smile easier than ever and with fewer implants overall. If you want a durable smile reconstruction option without sacrificing quality or results, ask Dr. Morgan about our “All-on-X” dental implants.
About All-on-4 and All-on-6 Dental Implants
All-on full-arch dental implants provide a solution for replacing all of your teeth without using a dental implant for each tooth. Instead, the procedure utilizes strategically-placed implants to anchor a full-arch prosthesis successfully. Most patients typically require four dental implants, hence the All-on-4 name. However, depending on your needs, Dr. Morgan may recommend more implants for extra security.
Our patients choose All-on-4 and All-on-6 styles of implants because this treatment provides a natural-looking, functional, and attractive outcome. If you only need to replace one or two teeth, see our dental implants page!
Some of the Reasons to Choose All-on Style Implants:
- Long-lasting results
- Provide better comfort than dentures
- Easy to speak with
- Custom-crafted for optimal aesthetics
- Guards against bone deterioration
- Eat all your favorite foods
- No removable “plates” to take out at night
Are You a Good Candidate for All-On-4 Implants?
The All-on-4 dental implant technique is a revolutionary procedure designed to support a full-arch prosthesis with only four implants. This approach is particularly suited for individuals who have lost all or most of their teeth due to disease, decay, or injury.
Ideal candidates for All-on-4 implants include those who:
- Have lost most or all of their teeth in one or both jaws.
- Struggle with ill-fitting, uncomfortable dentures.
- Want to avoid bone grafting procedures, which can lengthen the treatment process.
- Want a permanent, non-removable solution to their tooth loss.
- Seek a quick transformation with minimal recovery time.
When Are All-On-6 Implants Recommended?
While the All-on-4 implant procedure can be transformative, it’s not the best choice for everyone. If you have a higher bone density in your jaw, you might be a better candidate for All-on-6 implants.
This procedure is similar to All-on-4 but uses six implants instead of four. These extra two implants provide additional stability, especially in patients with a denser jawbone. As a result, All-on-6 is an excellent choice for:
- Patients with greater jawbone density.
- Those seeking the most robust and long-lasting solution.
- Individuals who want an even distribution of biting forces, making eating more comfortable and natural.
What to Expect During an All-on-4/All-on-6 Implant Procedure
The Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry team of Lubbock takes great pride in providing customized solutions for our patients. For this reason, many of our all-on dental implant procedures require multiple visits to complete their transformation.
Dr. Morgan will consult with you before the procedure begins to go over your treatment plan, but it typically follows these steps:
- First, we will examine your teeth, gums, and bone structure to ensure you qualify for All- on-X implants. In some cases, we may need to treat any existing dental conditions, like gum disease, or remove diseased teeth before beginning the implant process. In other cases, Dr. Morgan may recommend bone grafts if you lack sufficient jawbone tissue. Since this procedure uses only a handful of implants, Dr. Morgan can place them in areas that maximize your current healthy bone structure.
- Next, Dr. Morgan will numb and prepare each implant site. We provide sedation during the dental implant procedure. After placing the implants, you will need to rest for a few days. Then our team will fit you with a temporary prosthesis to wear over your implants while the lab creates your permanent replacement teeth and the implants integrate.
- Once your implants fuse with the jaw and your permanent smile is designed, Dr. Morgan will attach your hybrid appliance to the implants. Now you can eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
How To Clean All-on-4 Dental Implants
Full-arch implants are just as susceptible to plaque buildup as your natural teeth. Failing to clean your new restorations can lead to stains, tartar buildup, and oral infections. But with the proper care, they can last a lifetime.
Fortunately, maintaining your new implants is simple and straightforward. You only need to brush and floss daily and schedule regular preventative care appointments. Use a floss threader or water flosser to clean between the prosthesis and gum tissues and around the base of each dental implant.
How Do All-On-4 Implants Compare to Regular Dental Implants?
All-on-4 and regular dental implants both offer durable, permanent solutions to tooth loss. However, they differ in several key ways.
- Number of Implants: Regular implant procedures often require an implant for each missing tooth. In contrast, All-on-4 uses just four implants to support an entire arch of teeth.
- Surgical Process: Traditional implants may require bone grafting if there’s insufficient bone density, extending the treatment process. However, All-on-4 implants utilize available bone efficiently, often eliminating the need for grafting.
- Cost: Because All-on-4 uses fewer implants, the cost of the procedure can be significantly lower than that of replacing multiple teeth with individual implants.
- Recovery Time: All-on-4 allows for immediate loading of the prosthesis, meaning you can leave the dental office with a full set of teeth on the same day. Traditional implants usually require a healing period before the prosthetic teeth can be placed.
Why Choose Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Lubbock
Dr. Morgan has unmatched experience in the area of dental implantology. Our commitment to our patients is what separates us from the rest. We love meeting new people, hearing their concerns, and creating solutions that fit their needs. Few things feel better than helping a patient smile confidently again – it’s what motivates us to come to the office each morning!
Schedule An Evaluation
Dr. Morgan has helped thousands of patients restore their smiles and confidence with aesthetic and implant treatments. Call today to schedule a consultation with us if you need to restore your entire smile. Our team is happy to explain the All-on-X implant process in more detail and review alternative tooth replacement options.
Frequently Asked Questions About All-On-4 Dental Implants in Lubbock, TX
We understand you may have questions about the All-on-4 and All-on-6 dental implants. Here are answers to some of the most common queries we receive.
1. Is the All-on-4 or All-on-6 procedure painful?
While some discomfort is normal after any surgical procedure, most patients report minimal pain. We use local anesthesia during the procedure, and we can provide medication to manage any post-operative discomfort.
2. How long does the All-on-4 or All-on-6 procedure take?
The surgical placement of the implants typically takes 2-3 hours per arch. In most cases, patients can receive their new teeth on the same day as the procedure.
3. What can I eat after the All-on-4 or All-on-6 procedure?
Immediately following the procedure, we recommend a soft diet to ensure the implants heal properly. After healing, you should be able to enjoy all your favorite foods again.
4. How long do All-on-4 and All-on-6 implants last?
With good oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups, your All-on-4 or All-on-6 implants can last a lifetime. The prosthetic teeth attached to the implants typically last 10-15 years and may need to be replaced over time.
5. How do I take care of my All-on-4 or All-on-6 implants?
You care for your implants just as you would your natural teeth – with regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups.
6. Can I sleep with my All-on-4 or All-on-6 implants?
Yes, your All-on-4 or All-on-6 implants are designed to be a permanent part of your mouth, similar to natural teeth. You can sleep, eat, and perform all other normal activities without having to remove them.
7. What is the success rate for All-on-4 or All-on-6 implants?
The All-on-4 procedure has a success rate of up to 98%, while the success rate for All-on-6 is similarly high.
8. What if I don’t have enough bone for implants?
The All-on-4 procedure often eliminates the need for bone grafting, making it an excellent option for patients with lower bone density. During your consultation, we will assess your jawbone structure to determine the best course of action.
9. Are the All-on-4 or All-on-6 procedures covered by insurance?
Coverage can vary greatly depending on your insurance plan. Our team will work with you to understand your benefits and explore all possible financing options.
10. Will my new teeth look natural?
Absolutely! The prosthetic teeth used in All-on-4 and All-on-6 procedures are custom-designed to fit your mouth and match the appearance of natural teeth. You’ll be able to smile, eat, and speak with confidence.
At Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Lubbock, we’re committed to restoring smiles with All-on-4 and All-on-6 dental implants in Lubbock, TX, and surrounding areas. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards your new smile.
Your new smile starts here
Schedule your cosmetic dental consultation in Lubbock!